Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Love The Skin You're In!

I haven't had an opportunity to watch the Dark Girls documentary on OWN.  I don't feel like I've missed anything or will learn anything new since I've been team Dark Girl like since 78'. I've experienced the darkie jokes, felt less than beautiful and  been passed over for the lighter but much less prettier girl and I'll be honest - it bothered me...when I was younger of course. And then one day, I had a beautiful dark skinned daughter and felt it was time to start loving and accepting myself, so I could teach her to do the same.

In my opinion, dark skin is the best fashion accessory around. I mean, check out that fuchsia against my sister's beautiful skin! SHE makes it vibrant! Plus the fact that she can make a $3 skirt looks so damn good...is basically kinda ridiculous don't you think? But then again, I could be a little biased...or nah?








Can't believe at one point and time we didn't love this skin...

xoxo,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment