Monday, June 24, 2013

So Grateful...

I read a post last night on Facebook from Iyanla Vanzant that read:

"If there is a day you have eaten until you were full; if there is a time of joy you can recall; if you have escaped even once the clutches of death - if you can remember one or all of the above, then you have something to be grateful for."

I stopped and pondered her post and realized that I'd experienced the first two things she'd listed just a few hours earlier (especially the eating until full) but yet, I never stopped to consider them blessings because well...those things are normal. In actuality, they're really not. Everyone isn't blessed to have a mother to prepare an amazing Sunday dinner, or have siblings who actually enjoy being around each other- or have siblings at all. The smallest things are taken for granted everyday. Like, even though I cringe when my lil brother comes up behind me and licks my neck, or my sister threatens us with violence because she half-way crazy, or my Mom is cussing and fussing because that's the only way she knows to show love- I can't help but to laugh and Thank God that I have those moments to reflect upon when there are so many others who don't.

Today, I've decided to not focus on the fact that it's Monday (cuz I like hate it) and focus on the little things in my life that brings me so much joy. Like this maxi skirt...yep, I'll start there!








This skirt is perfect! I picked it up last summer from a Goodwill and Myrtle Beach and I'm so glad it made the Yay or Nay cut.  It has movement. pleats, the fabric is so soft and most importantly it was only $4! Now, that's something to be grateful for. Don't you think?

So, what about you? Experienced anything big or small that brought you joy today? 

xoxo,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment